Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Guide To Workers Compensation Benefits - Help for Injured Workers

Injured on the job? Do I have workers workers compensation benefits? Will my medical bills be paid? What about my lost income because I can't work due to my injury on the job? How much will I get paid? Will my job still be there for me? Can I be fired because of my injury?

If you're injured on the job you'll find that these are just a few of the questions that may go through your head. Workers compensation benefits can be confusing for everyone involved, even the professionals and finding a good source for answers is important.

Work comp benefits that apply in one state may not apply in another or if they do may be drastically different. For example medical payments may be limited in one state and unlimited in another; Temporary Total Disability (TTD) payments for lost wages may be set at 66 2/3% in one state with no caps and in another state 75% of a workers average weekly wage but capped at a certain maximum level; Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) and Permanent Total Disability (PTD) may be treated completely different in different states. So when looking for information and answers about workers compensation benefits, you have to be specific; workers comp benefits are state specific and finding a good single source for answers to workers compensation benefit questions is not easy.

Here's a link to a good, easy to navigate directory of workers compensation benefits for all fifty (50) states:

Workers Compensation State Benefits Directory

You'll find answers to your questions about workers comp benefits for any state at this site.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment